The Polka Dot Tunic by Annie Rowden of Little Woolens was one of the first pieces to arrive from the fall collection. As soon as I opened the package I knew you all would love this. And really, what's not to love? Annie has paired something so girly (polka dots and a skirt? yes please!) with amazing neutral colors in a sturdy and almost rustic yarn.
The yarn is Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit in the colors Moonshadow and Luminosity. I personally love working with more rustic yarns but my son isn't so keen on wearing them (the dreaded itch factor). They Sylvan Spirit however is a blend of 50% wool and 50% TENCEL Lyocell. The Lyocell gives this yarn an amazing sheen and keeps it nice and soft. Perfect for kiddos.
I love Annie's attention to detail in this pattern. This pattern is knit mostly in the round with little set in sleeves. If you've never tried setting in sleeve before, it's not too hard and what's easier than starting on a child's garment (read: smaller sleeves!).
Annie has made this pattern available in 9 sizes from 6 months to 12! So you can make this for all the little girls you know. Or just over and over each year! I can't wait to see your versions of Polka Dot Tunic popping up. Be sure to share them on social media #knittinlittle
- 6m (12m, 18m, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12)
- Finished chest circumference: 20 (21.25, 22, 24, 25.25, 26.75, 27.25, 28.75, 30)” / 51 (54, 56, 61, 64, 68, 69, 73, 76) cm
- Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit, 50% Targhee Wool/50% TENCEL® Lyocell; 180yds/ 2oz
- Main Color (MC): “Moonshadow”, 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4) skeins
- Contrast Color (CC): “Luminosity”, 1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3) skeins
- 230 (270, 320, 370, 440, 500, 570, 620, 690) yds MC DK weight.
- 120 (140, 170, 190, 230, 260, 290, 320, 360) yds CC DK weight.
Polka Dot Tunic is now available as a Ravelry download!