This lovely little number comes in sizes 12 months to 8 and, while it is knit to a longer length than a tunic, the fact that it's sleeveless means it uses less than 650 yards of sport weight yarn in the main color! The yarn itself, Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight, has an amazing hand and blooms wonderfully after blocking. I think that is really evident in the lovely little fox intarsia motif Meg features at the hem.
There is also a sweet button closure at the back neck making this easy on (any one else's kids feel the need to stretch out all the hand knits as they try to get them on?).
The jumper is knit flat with some easy seaming along the sides. It also has a bit of trim work at the sleeves and neckline. These little features give this pretty design a few extra special touches. But honestly, with that cute fox, what more could you ask for?
Meg also has a lovely collection of children's and adult accessories. You can view her designer page here.
- Sizes 12m (18m, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- 19 (20, 22, 24, 26, 27.5)” finished chest circumference. Allow for 1” positive ease.
Blue Sky Alpaca, Sport Weight, 100% alpaca; 110 yds/ 50g
- Main Color (MC): 516 petal pink, 3 (4, 4, 5, 5, 6) skeins
- Contrast Color 1 (CC1): 506 streaky brown, 1 skein
- Contrast Color 2 (CC2): 518 scarlet, 1 skein
- Contrast Color 3 (CC3): 500 natural white, 1 skein
- MC: 285 (325, 455, 540, 620) yds
- CC1: 25 (30, 35, 40, 45, 55) yds
- CC2: 15 yds
- CC3: 5 yds of sport weight yarn.
Will you be casting on this pattern for a special little lady? What colors will you be using?
Sleepy Fox Tunic is now available as a Ravelry download!